Zinio for Libraries
Zinio for Libraries is a digital newsstand that allows Library members to checkout magazines anywhere there is an internet connection. The Library's collection includes The Economist, Harper's, The Paris Review, Vanity Fair, and more. There are no holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of issues you can download. After you have downloaded the Zinio for Libraries reader app to a mobile device, you can read your downloaded magazines anytime—no internet connection necessary. The current issue and one year of back issues are available for each title. To browse our collection of available titles, click here.
CREATING YOUR ZINIO ACCOUNT
From a computer inside the Library...
1. Click here.
2. Our Zinio page will open in your browser. Click on “Create New Account” in the upper right hand corner of the page. Enter the required information, and click “submit.” You can begin reading magazines in your web browser immediately.
From outside the Library...
1. Log in to the Library’s website. (If you do not have your Library username and password, e-mail email@example.com.)
2. Click here.
3. Our Zinio page will open in your browser. Click on “Create New Account” in the upper right hand corner of the page. Enter the required information, and click “submit.” You can begin reading magazines in your web browser immediately.
To read magazines on a smartphone or tablet:
- Check out the magazines you want from the Library's Zinio page.
- Download the Zinio for Libraries app for your device by clicking the appropriate link on the Zinio page anywhere you see: GET THE NEW APP to read offline: iPad| iPhone| Android| Kindle HD/HDX. Or you can download the app for iPhones & iPads here and the app for Android devices, here.
- Enter the email address and password you used to create your Zinio account. Your Zinio account automatically syncs to all your devices, and the magazines you have checked out will display in the app.
- Download titles to read by tapping the cloud icon below the magazine cover. An internet connection is required to download titles, but once they are downloaded they can be read offline.
Note that Zinio apps are for reading only. Checkouts must be performed online through the Library's Zinio collection page.
For more information or assistance using Zinio, check this Help page with FAQs, instructional videos, etc., or ask a staff member at the Reference Desk. The Zinio App Help Center page has an FAQ and instructions for using apps on mobile devices.