The Children's Library Open to Members for Access to Books
Important Details About This Phase of Reopening
- Book pickup service continues and is encouraged. Email us for book recommendations and to place holds on materials. You'll receive a message to confirm when your books are available for pickup in the Lobby.
- Introducing our Book Bundle service with handpicked books for young readers.
- Up to 5 members at a time may visit the Children's Library/Whitridge Room briefly for book selection. Because of capacity limits, there may be a short wait before you may enter the Children's Library.
- Appointments are encouraged if you would like help from a staff member when visiting the Children's Library. Staff will be on site 4 days most weeks.
Services Not Available During This Phase
- No access to computers. Please consult the catalog with your phone.
- No seating is available. Please enjoy your books at home.
Health and Safety
- Masks are mandatory throughout the building. Mouths and noses must be covered completely throughout your visit.
- Please maintain a 6-foot distance from others.
- Place any books that you have handled in the marked bin. We will quarantine these books, along with all returned children's books, for 4 days.
- Children under the age of nine must be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times throughout the building.