Use of the Children's Library
- The Children's Library may be used by members only. Potential members may request a building tour at the lobby circulation desk.
- Children under the age of nine must be supervised by an adult at all times throughout the building.
- Eating, drinking, and phone calls are not permitted in the Library. Please silence your phone.
- Talking and reading aloud are permitted. Use of quiet voices is encouraged.
- Childcare providers are responsible for understanding and following all Library rules, and must be listed in your membership record.
- Tutoring is permitted in the Children's Library. However, quiet work space cannot be guaranteed. Tutors must be listed in your membership record.
- Members with a Family or Dual membership may bring grandchildren to the Children's Library. The member must accompany the grandchild at all times.
- Members should not bring sick children to the Children's Library. Staff may ask parents or caregivers to remove children with signs of illness.
Books and Materials
- Please do not reshelve books. Place them in browsed books box.
- Please put toys away when you are finished using them.
- The Children's Library computer may be used by children ages three and older.
- The Library does not filter Internet access. It is the responsibility of the parent or caregiver to monitor and supervise children's computer use.
- Registration is required for all children's events unless otherwise stated, and space is limited.
- Events are for members only unless otherwise stated.
- Children must meet the listed age requirement for all events.
- Contact the Children's Library at email@example.com or 212.288.6900 x234 for registration or cancellation.
Staff may ask parents or caregivers to remove disruptive children from the building.