RBdigital Magazines (formerly Zinio Magazines for Libraries) is a digital newsstand that allows Library members to checkout magazines anywhere there is an internet connection. The Library's collection includes The Economist, Harper's, The New Yorker, The Paris Review, Vanity Fair, and more. There are no holds, no checkout periods, and no limit to the number of issues you can download. After you have downloaded the RBdigital reader app to a mobile device, you can read your downloaded magazines anytime—no internet connection necessary. The current issue and one year of back issues are available for each title. To browse our collection of available titles, click here.
CREATING YOUR RBdigital Magazines ACCOUNT
From a computer inside the Library...
1. Click here.
2. Our RBdigital Magazines page will open in your browser. Click on “Create New Account” in the upper right hand corner of the page. Enter the required information, and click “submit.” You can begin reading magazines in your web browser immediately.
From outside the Library...
1. Log in to the Library’s website. (If you do not have your Library username and password, e-mail email@example.com.)
2. Click here.
3. Our RBdigital Magazines page will open in your browser. Click on “Create New Account” in the upper right hand corner of the page. Enter the required information, and click “submit.” You can begin reading magazines in your web browser immediately.
To read magazines on a smartphone or tablet:
- Download the app for your device by clicking the appropriate link on the RBdigital page or you can download the app for iPhones & iPads here and the app for Android devices, here.
- Enter the email address and password you used to create your RBdigital account.
- Select titles to read by tapping the "Checkout" button below the magazine cover and issue date. Then click "Read" or "Download" for offline reading. After you click "Read," the magazine will then open up in the reader. An internet connection is required to download titles, but once they are downloaded they can be read anywhere, anytime. Your account automatically syncs to all your devices, so what you have downloaded will display in the app on all of your devices if you are signed in.
- To read back issues, tap a magazine cover, then click "View all issues."
For more information or assistance, check this Help page with FAQs and links to user guides, or ask a staff member at our Reference Desk.