Summer is here, but that doesn't mean we - or you - are slowing down.
Our Events Winter-Spring 2019
Click on any event title for more details and to register. Registration is required for all events unless listings state otherwise.
Exhibition | Special Events | Poetry | Lectures | Seminars & Reading Groups | The Writing Life | Children's & Young Adult Events | Informal and Informational Gatherings
- Exhibition: Women Get the Vote: A Historic Look at the 19th Amendment (January 30-August 30)
- Exhibition Presentation: Lives of the Suffragists (June 6)
- Gallery Talks (alternating Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Special Writing Life Presentation: Marcia Butler’s The Creative Imperative, with Caroline Leavitt, Leland Cheuk, Mark Wisniewski, and Tim Page (June 9)
- Celebration of Member Writers (June 10)
Seminars and Reading Groups
- The World of Philip Roth with Erwin Flaxman (February 19, March 19, April 16, May 21, June 11)
- Seasons of Light and Darkness: Charles Dickens’s Historical Novels with Nicholas Birns (April 2, May 1, June 12)
The Writing Life
- Prompt! with Carol Weston (separate sessions January 11, February 8, March 8, April 12, May 10, June 14, July 12)
- The Editor Is In: An Interactive Seminar with Walter Bode (separate sessions February 28, March 21, April 24, May 23, June 13)
Informal and Informational Gatherings
- Happy Hour (third Wednesday of the month: January 16, February 20, March 20, April 17, May 15, June 19)
- Member Orientations (twice a month)
- Teatime (most weekday afternoons)
Women Get the Vote: A Historic Look at the 19th Amendment is generously underwritten by Ada Peluso and Romano I. Peluso.
The Writing Life events in 2019 are generously underwritten by Jenny Lawrence.
Children's and Young Adult events are generously supported by the Richard Peck Fund. The Young Writers Awards are generously supported by Jeanette Wagner.
Registration is required for all events unless individual listings state otherwise, and space is limited. Please see individual listings for details on time, format, and location. Many events are open to the public, with some for members only; check individual listings for details.
The house opens for each event thirty minutes prior to the stated start time. Registrants are asked not to arrive for check-in prior to that time. A seat cannot be guaranteed after an event has begun.
New events are added throughout the season. To receive the latest updates, sign up for our electronic newsletters.