How to Register for Events
Registration is required for all events. Space is limited, and seats cannot be guaranteed without advance registration.
For All Children’s Events (Members only)
Call the Children’s Library at 212.288.6900 x234 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Children's events are for Library members unless listed otherwise. Please make sure children meet the proper age requirements.
For Adult Events (Members only)
Online at www.nysoclib.org
- Log in using your username and password.
- On the page listing the event of your interest, click the orange Register or Add to Waitlist button.
- Next to the Reservation Number field, input the number in your party.
- In the Reservation Notes field, add any special notes or instructions for events staff (for instance, to indicate a wheelchair user or to put the reservation under a name other than your membership name).
- Click the Submit button. You are now either registered or placed on a waitlist.
- If you are registering for more than one event, return to the calendar and complete all registrations before selecting the Pay Fees button.
- If you have registered for all your events and wish to pay in advance, select the Pay Fees button from the confirmation screen or click here. You will then be able to pay for your event registrations using a major credit card or your PayPal account.
For Adult Events (Members or Nonmembers)
Call the Events Office at 212.288.6900 x230.
Send a detailed message including your membership name or full name, the events of your interest, and the number in your party to email@example.com.
Complete the order form in the back of the Events newsletter with your membership name or full name and credit card information, or enclose a check payable to The New York Society Library. Mail the order form and payment to:EventsThe New York Society Library 53 East 79th StreetNew York, NY 10075
Fax the order form to 212.744.5832.
Please see individual listings for details on time, format, and location.
No refunds are given for canceled registrations.
The house opens for each event approximately thirty minutes before the stated start time. Registrants are asked not to arrive for check-in prior to that time.
A seat cannot be guaranteed after an event has begun.