The New York City Book Awards 2021 Entry Guidelines
- The publication date (as printed in the book) must fall between January 1 and December 31, 2021.
- The book must evoke the spirit of or enhance appreciation of New York City. The city must play an essential role beyond that of the setting. A worthy book, whether academic, literary, or popular, must be well written and engaging. It should shed some new or unusual light on New York City.
- Books of all genres (nonfiction, fiction, photography, children’s, etc.) qualify, with the exception of the following:
- anthologies or collections of material previously published in book form
- books in a language other than English, or previously published in another language
- recipe books
- To nominate a book, fill in the entry form below.
- To submit books in the mail, please send 1-5 copies or advance reader’s copies) with entry forms to the Library at 53 East 79th Street New York, NY 10075. Please indicate “The New York City Book Awards” in the attention line.
- There is a $40 per-title fee. Please click the payment button below to pay by credit card, including NEW YORK CITY BOOK AWARDS in the Additional Information field.
A check (made out to The New York Society Library) may be included with the Entry Form for mailed submissions. For an invoice or receipt, contact Katie Fricas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For electronic submissions, including sending PDFs and NetGalley widgets, please contact Katie Fricas at email@example.com.
- The entry deadline is 11:59 PM, December 17, 2021.