These poems were created this season in the Writing Life poetry workshop Write What Life Feels LIke Now with Esther C
The Stacks are open 11 AM – 4 PM daily
Beginning Monday, July 27, the Library building will reopen to members for access to the book collections in the stacks and in the Children’s Library. We will continue to be open abbreviated hours, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM daily, 7 days a week.
Here are the details regarding this next phase in our reopening. For a message from the Head Librarian on our reopening, please see the COVID-19 Response page.
- Access to the book collections in the stacks and in the Children’s Library
- Children's Library staff are available for in-person and remote assistance.
- Book pickup service will continue. Place holds on books using our catalog, by emailing requests@nysoclib org, or by calling 212.288.6900 x211. When notified, pick up your books from the bookcases in the main stairwell inside the glass doors.
- For those who are in a vulnerable category or otherwise need assistance, please contact us and we will make every effort to arrange for book pickup and delivery.
- Books can be returned during any open hours.
Services Not Available During this Phase:
- All reading and study spaces are closed at this time, including the Reference Room, Members’ Room, Whitridge Room, Little Whit, Children's Library, Hornblower Room, individual study rooms, and desks in the stacks.
- No access to current periodicals, rare books, closed stacks books, archives materials
- No access to online public access computers (OPACs) in the Reference Room, stacks 1, 3, 5, 6, Children's Library, and Fifth Floor. Please consult the catalog at nysoclib.org prior to your visit or scan the QR code that will be posted around the building.
Health & Safety:
- Masks are mandatory throughout the building. Your mouth and nose must be covered completely.
- Hand-sanitizing stations are available in the Circulation Hall, the First Floor stacks stairwell, the Children’s Library, and on the Fifth Floor. All bathrooms will be available and will be cleaned hourly.
- Only 2 people (or more if members of the same family) will be allowed in the main elevator at a time. Only 1 person (or more from the same family) will be allowed in the stacks elevator at a time.
- Please maintain a 6-foot distance whenever possible. Taped markers on the floor will provide guidance on proper distance.
- Gloves will be available for members to use while browsing the stacks and handling books. We especially ask that you use them when handling the new books in the Circulation Hall and all materials in the Children’s Library.
- Disposable masks are available for anyone who does not bring their own.
- Please place any books that you have handled in the stacks on the marked return shelves. Likewise, a bin for handled books will be available in the Children’s Library. We will quarantine these books (along with all returned books) for 72 hours.