The Library is delighted to announce its calendar of fall events. Skim through these highlights or go to the EVENTS tab for complete listings.
Rules of the Children's Library
- The Children's Library may be used by members only. Potential members may request a building tour at the lobby circulation desk.
- Children under the age of nine must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Your child-care provider is responsible for understanding and following all Library rules. He/she should be listed in your membership record.
- Household members are welcome to bring grandchildren to read in the Children’s Library, as well as register them for events. The member must be with the grandchild at all times.
- Eating, drinking, and cell phone use are not permitted anywhere in the Library.
- Members may not bring sick children to the Children's Library. Staff may ask parents or caregivers to remove children with signs of illness.
- Tutoring by non-members is not permitted in the Children's Library.
Books and Materials:
- Place books you do not wish to borrow on a blue cart. Please do not reshelve books.
- Please put toys away when you are finished using them.
- The Children's Library computer may be used by children ages three and older.
- The Library does not filter Internet access. It is the responsibility of the parent or child-care provider to monitor children's computer use.
- Registration is required for all children's programs.
- Children must meet the listed age requirement for programs.
- If you have registered for a program and cannot attend, please contact the Children's Librarian at (212) 288-6900 x234 or email@example.com.
Staff may ask parents or caregivers to remove disruptive children from the building.