Individual Study Rooms
The Library has six individual study rooms available to members for writing and laptop use on the Fifth Floor. If you are interested in reserving one of these rooms, please read the Individual Study Room Rules. Members can make reservations by emailing email@example.com; view availability here. As of September 8, reservations can be made one to two weeks out.
- How do I reserve a room?
- How many reservations can I make?
- Is there any restriction on the amount of time I may reserve?
- I'm running late. How long will you hold the room?
- Something came up. May I change my reservation?
- If I just show up without a reservation, may I use a room if one is available?
- I need to interview someone. May we conduct the interview in one of the rooms?
- If I keep the door closed, may I use my cell phone to make a call?
- May my child use the rooms?
- Are the rooms wheelchair-accessible?
Any Library member age 18 or older, is welcome to reserve time in one of the study rooms. Please read the Individual Study Room Rules. Members can make reservations by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; view availability here. As of September 8, reservations can be made one week out.
Any Library member is welcome to hold 5 reservations at one time. We ask that you wait a week after your fifth reservation before you make another set.
You may reserve a study room for the entire day or just an hour or two. It's up to you.
We will hold your reservation until 12pm. After 12pm, we offer it to the first person on the waitlist.
Reservations may be changed until 15 minutes before closing time of the night before. On the day of your reservation, you cannot change it or reschedule it.
You may. Occasionally, space in a room opens up due to cancelation or no-show. In these instances, the first person on the waitlist will get it for the day.
The study rooms are for individual use only. You may not have more than one person in the room at any time.
Cell phone use is prohibited throughout the Library. Should you need to make a telephone call, we ask that you step outside.
You must be 18 years or older to use the study rooms. If your child is under the age of 18, he or she may not use the study rooms.
Two of the six rooms were designed to accommodate a wheelchair. Should you require one of the wheelchair-accessible rooms, please alert the person at the Circulation Desk who is taking your reservation. We will be happy to accommodate you.