Anyone 18 or over is welcome to join the New York Society Library by submitting an online form.
Gift memberships are available here.
Some of the many benefits of membership are:
- Borrowing books and audio material from our extensive collection
- Access to electronic resources
- Book discussion groups, lectures, children's programs, writing groups and programs, and other events
- Use of reading and study rooms, wireless Internet access, and netbook laptops for in-library use
- Expert reader's advisory and reference assistance
|Family||$350||For more than two people at a single address. Includes all benefits of membership, including 30 print/audio books at a time.|
|Dual||$335||For two people at a single address. Includes all benefits of membership, including 20 print/audio books at a time.|
|Individual||$270||For one person. Includes all benefits of membership, including 10 print/audio books at a time.|
|$100||For one person. Includes access to all remote electronic resources, plus 10 building visits per year.|
Please note that membership fees are not tax-deductible.
The Library also offers memberships for schools as well as for not-for-profit and profit-making organizations. If you have questions about any of our membership plans, please contact Diane Srebnick at 212-288-6900 x214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.