The New York Society Library’s Cataloging Department recently took a field trip to another membership library,
The New York Society Library offers $20 Day Passes for individuals over the age of 18 who are interested in a one day use of our building and access to onsite programs and services. Day Passes cannot be reserved in advance.
Guest Day Passes are available for purchase for those who wish to give a gift. Inquire at the Circulation Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day Pass privileges include:
• Access to member-only building spaces, including reading and study rooms and book stacks
• Access to member-only events (if space is available)
• Access to Reader Services and Reference Services
• Onsite access to the Library’s electronic databases and event recordings
Note that Day Passes do not include use of the individual study rooms, day lockers, or book circulation privileges.
Day Pass rules:
• For individuals 18 years or older only
• A currently valid government-issued photo I.D. or passport is required with a Day Pass application.
• The I.D. or passport will be held at the Circulation Desk while in possession of a Day Pass.
• Silence is maintained throughout the building. Phones must be kept in silent mode.
• No eating or drinking is allowed anywhere in the building. Only water in a spill-proof container is permitted.
• Suitcases must be left downstairs in the cloakroom. Bags, briefcases, and backpacks are subject to inspection by Library staff.
• Appropriate dress (including footwear) must be worn at all times.
• Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the Library.
For any questions, please contact us at 212-288-6900 or by email at email@example.com.