New York Society Library Writing Life Poets
Announcing the 2018 New York City Book Awards!
The New York Society Library is proud to announce the winners of the 2018 New York City Book Awards. Founded in 1995, these awards honor the best books about New York City published in a given year, regardless of genre.
- Elizabeth Acevedo, The Poet X (HarperTeen)
- Stephen L. Carter, Invisible: The Forgotten Story of the Black Woman Lawyer Who Took Down America’s Most Powerful Mobster (Henry Holt and Co.)
- Philip Ashforth Coppola, Ezra Bookman, and Jeremy Workman, One-Track Mind: Drawing the New York Subway (Princeton Architectural Press)
- Karina Yan Glaser, The Vanderbeekers and the Hidden Garden (HMH Books for Young Readers)
- Victoria Johnson, American Eden: David Hosack, Botany, and Medicine in the Garden of the Early Republic (Liveright)
- The Hornblower Award for a First Book: Albert Samaha, Never Ran, Never Will: Boyhood and Football in a Changing American Inner City (PublicAffairs)
The 2018-2019 New York City Book Awards are generously underwritten by Ellen M. Iseman.