Celebrating 2017's Best NYC Books
The Library was proud to celebrate a handful of 2017's best books about New York City at our annual New York City Book Awards ceremony on May 1. Winners Mike Wallace, Roz Chast, Anthony W. Robins, and Lisa Ko joined us for a festive evening of hors d'oeuvres, champagne, and elegant tributes.
Start here to read the winning books - from architectural history to fiction to graphic memoir:
- Mike Wallace, Greater Gotham: A History of New York City from 1898 to 1919 (Oxford University Press)
- Roz Chast, Going Into Town: A Love Letter to New York (Bloomsbury Publishing)
- Francis Spufford, Golden Hill: A Novel of Old New York (Scribner)
- Anthony W. Robins, New York Art Deco: A Guide to Gotham’s Jazz Age Architecture (SUNY Press)
- Jennifer Egan, Manhattan Beach: A Novel (Scribner)
- Hornblower Award for a First Book: Lisa Ko, The Leavers: A Novel (Algonquin Books)
The 2017-2018 New York City Book Awards are generously underwritten by Ellen M. Iseman.
Photos by Karen Smul.