June is LGBTQ Pride month, and this year in particular, this month celebrates the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Stonew
Announcing the 2017-2018 New York City Book Awards!
The New York Society Library is proud to announce the winners of the 2017-2018 New York City Book Awards. Founded in 1995, these awards honor the best books about New York City published in a given year, regardless of genre.
- Mike Wallace, Greater Gotham: A History of New York City from 1898 to 1919 (Oxford University Press)
- Roz Chast, Going Into Town: A Love Letter to New York (Bloomsbury Publishing)
- Francis Spufford, Golden Hill: A Novel of Old New York (Scribner)
- Anthony W. Robins, New York Art Deco: A Guide to Gotham’s Jazz Age Architecture (SUNY Press)
- Jennifer Egan, Manhattan Beach: A Novel (Scribner)
- Hornblower Award for a First Book: Lisa Ko, The Leavers: A Novel (Algonquin Books)
The winning authors and publishers will be honored at an awards ceremony on May 1. The event is fully registered, but click here for more about it.
The 2017-2018 New York City Book Awards are generously underwritten by Ellen M. Iseman.