Read Bader Ginsburg
The late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg gained the kind of celebrity and role-model status in her later years that is often reserved for actors and athletes. As the country mourns RBG and celebrates her many monumental achievements, we offer a selection of reading about the notable jurist.
A Few Highlights
- The authorized major biography: Ruth Bader Ginsburg: A Life by Jane Sherron de Hart. Also available as an e-book. And watch our event with Ms. De Hart from October 2018.
- Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik - which popped up among our most-read books of 2016
- Conversations with RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Life, Love, Liberty, and Law by Jeffrey Rosen - which got a shout-out in our 2020 Women's History Month post
- My Own Words by Ruth Bader Ginsburg with Mary Hartnett and Wendy W. Williams
For All Ages
- I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark, written by Debbie Levy with illustrations by Elizabeth Baddeley, which was highlighted in our Women's History Month blog post in 2019
- Becoming RBG: Ruth Bader Ginsburg's Journey to Justice by Debbie Levy, illustrated by Whitney Gardner
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: The Case of R.B.G. vs. Inequality by Jonah Winter, illustrated by Stacy Innerst
- Ruth Objects: The Life of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Doreen Rappaport and Eric Velasquez
- Sisters in Law: How Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg Went to the Supreme Court and Changed the World by Linda Hirshman
- Some Memories of a Long Life, 1854-1911 by Malvina Shanklin Harlan with a foreword by Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Belva Lockwood: The Woman Who Would be President by Jill Norgren with a foreword by Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- The Right Words at the Right Time, by Marlo Thomas, editor, including a contribution by Justice Ginsburg
- What I Told My Daughter: Lessons from Leaders on Raising the Next Generation of Empowered Women, edited by Nina Tassler with Cynthia Littleton - includes a section by Justice Ginsburg about "Independence"
- Scalia Speaks: Reflections on Law, Faith, and Life Well Lived by Antonin Scalia - includes a section about Justice Ginsburg