The 2017-2018 New York City Book Awards
The New York Society Library is proud to announce the winners of the 2017-2018 New York City Book Awards. Founded in 1995, these awards honor the best books about New York City published in a given year, regardless of genre.
- Mike Wallace, Greater Gotham: A History of New York City from 1898 to 1919 (Oxford University Press)
- Roz Chast, Going Into Town: A Love Letter to New York (Bloomsbury Publishing)
- Francis Spufford, Golden Hill: A Novel of Old New York (Scribner)
- Anthony W. Robins, New York Art Deco: A Guide to Gotham’s Jazz Age Architecture (SUNY Press)
- Jennifer Egan, Manhattan Beach: A Novel (Scribner)
- Hornblower Award for a First Book: Lisa Ko, The Leavers: A Novel (Algonquin Books)
The winning authors and publishers were honored at an awards ceremony on May 1. Click here for full details and a recording.
The 2017-2018 New York City Book Awards are generously underwritten by Ellen M. Iseman.